Yes, we know our Dogs are an important part of the family, really, family members! And what’s more, fun than cooking up a batch of Christmas treats for your special Fido to put in his Christmas stocking on the mantle on Christmas Eve! But be careful…. if you don’t hang it high enough Fido might just do some pre-Christmas morning snooping!
Great Gift Ideas for Your Pets
Here’s a recipe I found on the internet for Doggy Bark! If you have children, be sure and get them involved in creating these treats – it’s a great way to start learning the love of giving, as well as learning how to cook!
Be sure to use carob chips — chocolate is harmful to canines.
- 4 cups carob chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts or chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, melt the carob chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir them with a wooden spoon, then microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Stir in the peanut butter and microwave for another 15 seconds. Stir the ingredients again to combine.
- Add the nuts and the cinnamon, then stir the mixture to coat the nuts.
- Line an edged cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the mixture onto the foil and chill it for 15 minutes in the freezer or 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the bark and break it into roughly 1- by 2-inch pieces. Store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 70 pieces.
Sounds good enough to eat! There’s nothing in this recipe that isn’t good for humans alike, so try if you are so inclined.
Be sure to check out our special Dog Bone Personalized ornaments at www.calliopedesigns.com – we have tan ones and white ones, and all can be personalized with your favorite dogs name and the year!
This great handcrafted gift idea was found on the Disney Fun Family website. Be sure and check it out for many cool gift ideas!