Your Baby’s First Christmas will be exciting and fun for Mommy and Daddy, and certainly happy for your child as well. Is a Christmas Stocking part of your family’s tradition? Did you have a fun time picking out just the right stocking and maybe have it personalized with the baby’s name? We hope you purchased a big stocking because as your child gets older, the stocking stuffers get larger too! We encourage you to add, as the first gift in your baby’s Christmas stocking, a personalized Baby’s First Christmas ornament from Calliope Designs.com. We have so many cute ones to choose from. You can even have one that is All About Baby, with his or her birth stats, name, and holiday greeting all done to order.
Here are some suggestions for stocking stuffers for baby by age:
Newborn to 3 months old:
– A new Binkie! Maybe a red, green, and white one just for Christmas day and all of the fun photos that will be taken.
– Cute baby socks with ruffles and pink for little girls, and trucks and blue for little boys. You can never have too many newborn socks.
– A cute Christmas onesie, decorated with cute pictures of ornaments, a Christmas tree, reindeer or Santa. Also good for those wonderful Christmas photo sessions.
– A board book such as Goodnight Moon, or Global Babies. It’s never too early to start reading to your little one and teach them a love of books and reading. And so many baby board books are available now.
– A cute chewable stuffed animal or creature! Something that has texture, scratchy, soft, smooth, and something that has bright colors.
– A not too noisy rattle or something baby can wrap a little hand around and shake. Just make sure it’s not too hard and won’t hurt if banged against a little head or face.
– A sweet music cd to play at bedtime. Something soothing, with a good clear beat and rhythm, like ethnic music. Idea: Dreamland, World Lullabies, and Soothing Songs.
– A teething ring for those coming months.
From 3-9 months:
– A Whozit! A favorite interactive stuffed funny faced toy loved by many children. (We needed 3, one for the car, one for purse, one for home)
– Again, small board books. Baby can now turn pages and look at books on his or her own, but other fun books that can be read from the backseat passenger.
– CDs for the car. Sesame Street Favorites, Pete Seeger: Folk Songs for Young People, Peter Paul and Mommy, The Beatles 1, and other fun sing-alongs.
– More socks
– A cute Christmas T-Shirt with matching tights or pants.
– New mittens and cap for snowy days outside
– Healthy treats for baby.
– New toothbrush
– A sippy cup
– A new tiny teddy bear.
From 9 months to a year:
– Socks or slippers with treads or traction on the bottom, for those early attempts at walking.
– Christmas Sweat Shirt, with matching pants or tights. Always be thinking about those Christmas photos.
– Bath toy, a new rubber ducky perhaps?
– Bath mitt and fun gooey tub paints.
– Teething rings and toothbrushes.
– Board books of colors and shapes
– Music CDs for bedtime and in the car.
-Fun age-appropriate healthy packaged snacks and drinks.
These are just getting started ideas. Of course, it’s not necessary to go overboard with gifts and toys for a child this age. Your time is the most valuable gift you can give your baby, and lots of hugs, kisses, and special times together.
Grow your Holiday Traditions with Custom Gifts from Calliope Designs
Celebrate any occasion with a personalized ornament from Calliope Designs. View all our amazing and diverse designs on our online shop today!